DIY Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses in 2023: 5 Free Tools
It is a no-brainer to say that hiring a full-time marketing manager or digital marketing expert may not be a cost-efficient decision for small businesses if they are on a tight budget. The good news is that there are some free online marketing tools and technics available that you can quickly implement yourself. In this article, we have covered 5 DIY marketing ideas for small businesses with free tools.
5 Ready-to-Implement DIY Marketing Ideas for Small Business
1) Create Professional-Looking Materials Using Canva
Use the free tool Canva to create brochures, posters, social media posts, flyers, invitation cards, and infographics. Canva is free and has a large number of templates that you can customize using its drag-and-drop features. You don’t require a graphic designer to create professional-looking marketing materials anymore. Here are examples of a brochure and a social media flyer we created using Canva’s free version.
2) Send Beautiful Email Marketing Campaigns Using Yottled
Keep in touch with all your customers and prospects by sending them interesting and well-crafted marketing emails. Send bulk emails or customized ones. Yottled’s free email marketing tool has a drag-and-drop facility, stock images, buttons/link insertion and many other cool features.
Get more sales by adding the following details in your marketing emails.
- benefits of your services/products,
- industry news, latest promo,
- deals and discounts,
- last minute deals/availability,
- booking links,
- information about upcoming events with registration links, etc.
3) Embed Live Chat Facility Using JivoChat
Have a live chatbox on your website with a free DIY marketing tool JivoChat. Embed the chatting window on your website and let the support staff or front desk person resolve the customer queries instantly. You can also integrate bots which take the contact information and queries of the visitor when no one is available for the live chat. This will help you to grow your business by answering potential customers’ queries right away before they leave your website.
4) Use Simple SEO Hacks Using Google Keyword Planner
Although SEO is an ocean, you can still learn some basic keyword hacks and implement them on your website’s landing pages, blog posts, and home pages. SEMrush and Moz are preferable tools for SEO experts, but they are quite expensive. Nevertheless, you can use Google Keyword Planner for doing keyword research. In this DIY marketing idea, all you need to do is
- Create an account on Google Keyword Planner.
- Search for the keywords related to your products/services.
- Shortlist the keywords based on their competition level and search volume (i.e., how many people searches for that word in Google in a month)
- Now, strategically add those keywords to your website’s content i.e., on headings, long-form content, blogs, landing pages, contact page, and FAQ sections.
For example, let’s say you own a hair salon in Manhattan. Here are the keywords you should have on your website.
5) Create Promo/ Discount Codes and Gift Cards with Yottled
Who doesn’t like promo codes and discount coupons? Buyers feel empowered when they think they got an amazing deal. It feels like an “achievement”. Use the 100% free tool Yottled for this DIY marketing hack for your small business.
- Create discount coupons for special days and holidays.
- Create personalized coupons for your customers on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.
- Send discount coupons to regular customers as a loyalty bonus to retain them.
- Use discount codes as a grievance resolution for a particular customer who had a bad experience with your service/product.
In the same way, create and sell gift cards on your website. You can also send gift cards to targeted customers to induce repeat sales.