Jobber Grants 2023: Eligibility, Application, Deadlines, Rules, FAQs
Since 2021, Jobber awards $150,000 in total grants to home businesses. In this article, we will discuss the eligibility of the Jobber grant program, deadlines, rules, and guidance to help you create a strong application.
What is Jobber Grants Program?
Jobber, a business software provider, runs a funding program, known as Jobber grants, for small home services businesses. It distributes $150,000 among 25 winners, where each winner gets between $2,500 to $15,000. There is no revenue sharing or loans, meaning the recipients can spend the grant money in any way they find appropriate. You’re not supposed to give the money back, either.
The grant winner can use the funding for any of the below purposes.
- Buy new equipment or tools
- Grow the team
- Provide additional training to staff
- Launching a new service
- Any other activity that grows, or strengthens your business
- 18+ age.
- Residing in the U.S. and Canada, excluding Québec.
- Provides services “at customer location”, i.e., you visit a customer’s place, either their home or a commercial property, to provide your services.
- If you’re offering services from your home, brick-and-mortar store, or online, you’re not eligible for Jobber grants.
- You can also apply if you don’t own a business right now but are planning to do so in the future.
Examples of businesses eligible for Jobber grants
Any type of business where you and/or your crew are supposed to visit the customer’s location to provide services is eligible to apply for this program.
- Irrigation Services
- Junk Removal
- Landscaping Contractor
- Lawn Care & Lawn Maintenance
- Pest Control
- Residential Cleaning
- Snow Removal
Jobber Grants Application Process
- Apply using this link: Application form
- The application deadline for Jobber grants is June 8, 2023.
- If your application is shortlisted, you’ll be contacted twice, in mid-June and mid-July for further questions to understand your business plans, leadership style, and community impact.
- The winners will be announced in August 2023.
What makes a successful Jobber Grant application? Here is the secret recipe.
1. Employment: The businesses that provide the chance to empower women, people of color, or any unprivileged community by offering them employment, skill development, fair wages, and/or profit sharing.
For example, “My goal is to build an all-women team with a flexible schedule, to help stay-at-home moms re-enter the workforce.”
“I am providing work to other minority contractors, as well as contractors who were formerly incarcerated.”
2. Gives back to the community: Showcase what your business does to give back to the community.
“I am giving 10% of the profit to non-profit organizations.”
“We are starting a skill development program for youth.”
“We planted over 300 trees in 2022”.
“My goal is to provide reduced or no cost services to elderly and disadvantaged communities.”
3. Business excellence: Indicate in your application how you provide 5-star services, keep your business updated with the latest tools and technology, and help your customers to run and manage their homes or commercial properties with ease.
“We incorporate sustainable practices, like using electric equipment and repurposing tree waste”
“Started my company to help elderly and disabled people continue to live in their homes and communities by renovating homes with adaptive modifications”
Is the Jobber grant legit?
Yes, for the last two years, Jobber has distributed $150,000 among 25 winners, each year i.e. 2021 and 2022. The same grant program is announced in 2023, and the winners will be declared in August 2023. It is a risk-free grant without any application fees.
Do I need to be a Jobber customer to get eligible for this grant?
Although it is not mentioned anywhere in the application, you might be asked to move your business to Jobber later on. We noticed most of the grant winners have Jobber software installed on their websites.
Because it is a huge financial decision, involving from $228 to $2,988 per year recurring payment, do consider other options in the market before committing to it.
For example, if you need software for the following purposes, consider Yottled. It’s 100% free.
- Appointment booking
- Unlimited custom intake forms
- Automated text and email notifications and reminders
- Email marketing tools
- Promo codes and coupons creation
- Zapier integration
- Payment integration (debit/credit cards)
- PoS machine
Of course, if you require other highly technical features such as GPS tracking, routing quotes management, ACH payments, job tracking, and time tracking, consider Jobber.